- 3tbsp rape seed oil
- 1 ½ tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 ½ tbsp Runny Somerset honey
- 2 garlic cloves finely grated
- 1 ½ tsp cumin seeds-toasted and ground
- 2 large Aubergines cut into bite size chunks
- 1 large red chilli finely sliced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced and soaked in cold water for 10 minutes to remove some harshness
- 200g cooked chickpeas
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Juice of ½ lemon or lime
Preheat the oven to 200c
Toss the aubergine chunks in oil and season with salt and pepper, roast for about 20 minutes until cooked through and slightly caramelised but still retaining some bite. Allow to cool.
Mix the dressing ingredients together until emulsified
Toss all of the ingredients together and serve.