Thank you for purchasing one of our feast boxes, they include everything you need to create an intimate supper for two.
- Your choice of either lamb, chicken or beef
- Par-boiled potatoes with wagyu dripping from our farm
- Winter leaves
- Green sauce
- Chocolate mousse
- Shortbread hearts with white chocolate and pistachio crumb
- Please refrigerate everything on arrival
- Cook and eat within 2 days of delivery
- Remove your choice of meat from the fridge 20 minutes before cooking to bring to room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan
- Place the par-boiled potatoes with wagyu dripping on a baking sheet, season with a touch of salt and a tiny drizzle of oil before roasting for 45 minutes
If you have selected LAMB RUMP WITH LAMB CIGARS
- Wrap the slow-cooked lamb cigars in filo pastry (we have already done one layer but it may require another) brush with a little vegetable oil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until crisp and hot throughout.
- Seal the lamb rump in a hot frying pan (fat side down) until it has started to brown, then place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes for medium, 40-50 for well done, and allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving in slices.
If you have selected CHICKEN CUSHION
- Place in a roasting tray, drizzle with a touch of oil, a sprinkle of salt and roast for 50-60 minutes until golden brown and cooked through, basting periodically with any juices in the pan. Leave to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
If you have selected BEEF RUMP STEAK
- Heat a frying pan on the highest hob setting until it is searingly hot. Season the steak with a little salt and pepper and press the steak flat into the pan, leave for 2 minutes before turning and cooking for a further 2-3 minutes, turn the pan off and leave it in. the pan to rest for 5 minutes before slicing across the grain and serving.
For all boxes
- Once your meat is cooked, dress your leaves with a little oil, put a few slices of steak/lamb/chicken on each plate, add a handful of wagyu roast potatoes.
- Drizzle over some green sauce and serve, ideally with a glass of Wraxall Somerset sparkling wine.
- For pudding, remove the mousse from the fridge 30 minutes before serving - a little icing sugar is nice dusted on top. Serve with the shortbread hearts.
Finally, have a lovely evening - and Happy Valentine's Day.
By Lewis Slayden